Thursday, July 7, 2011

friendship

We are HOME!! After 28 straight hours of traveling all in the same day (yes, all in the same day - longest day EVER), we made it home this morning around 12:30am! And as much as I learned this week that God is STILL in the business of miracles, He showed Himself again yesterday as NONE of our flights were delayed and ALL of our luggage showed up!!! We were met at the Nashville airport by a slew of our parents, siblings and friends and a HUGE "Welcome Home" sign (thanks Gracie)!!
And although I am super excited to be sleeping in my own bed, playing with my children, walking barefoot in GRASS and eating mexican food for dinner, I somehow still long to be in Africa as well; I already miss my dear friend, Parker and her husband Mark. It's funny how God blesses you with friendships throughout your life; some for a short period of time and others, although few, meant to last a lifetime. Serving the Lord alongside one of my life-long friends these last 10 days was one of the greatest experiences of my life. Although we had not seen each other in almost 10 years, it was like nothing had changed. And we learned more than we will ever be able to recount from this humble couple who not only served the Songhai, but US all week!
Thank you Mark and Parker for your inspiration!! PLEASE follow their blog www.seekingthesonghai.blogspot.com and pray for them daily as they continue to serve the Lord in Niger.

No comments:

Post a Comment